Job Description (Duties, Roles, etc.):
Due to expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit 4 x Support Workers to join our team working for our client that is based in Gloucester, Gloucestershire.
In this role you will be supporting individuals with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs.
The main purpose of your job is to provide a high quality, reliable support service, personalised to the needs of each individual in line with their goals and aspirations as detailed within their support plan. To safely promote and encourage independence, choice and community inclusion.
To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with individuals care plans. Always ensuring:
• Those you support are enabled to influence the way they are supported and that all support provided is reflective of their goals and aspirations
• Those you support are listened to using a wide range of communication skills and act on what is important to them.
• You use information to contribute to developing person-centred plans, involving families, friends and other professionals if this is appropriate.
• To ensure that a person’s wishes, dignity, privacy and confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
• You support people to take part in the running of their own homes.
• To encourage those, you support to speak up for themselves, and/or advocate on their behalf. This includes acting as a key person/worker to ensure their voice is heard and needs are met.
• To actively support individuals to maintain important relationships such as family and friends, and to develop their social networks if they choose to. You support people to live an ordinary life, accessing the same local facilities as others.
Full training is available for those new to the industry, though experience is always welcomed.
Good understanding of English language.
Basic IT skills
Ability to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with.
Achieved, or willingness to work towards, Diploma Level 2
A variety of shift patterns available for Support Workers including earlies, days, lates and nights.
If you are looking for a change of care jobs, or wanting to start out in the care industry, contact us now for an immediate interview.
Overview: Support Worker, Caring, Carer, Care Worker, Health & Social Care, Gloucester, Gloucestershire.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We are an equal opportunities employer.
Reference ID: HOM-GLO
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Pay: £9.50 per hour
If you are looking for a change of care jobs, or wanting to start out in the care industry, contact us on 01452 226136 or email us at email@example.com for an immediate interview.
Currently, in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act you are required to be double vaccinated against Covid-19 and to provide evidence of this before you can commence employment with us or provide a valid medical exemption.